What should I do? The Consumer
- Determine if you would like to stay with the supplier you have chosen or would like to join the governmental aggregation.
- If you stay with the supplier you have chosen, you must opt-out of the governmental aggregation.
- Watch your mail for your opt-out notice. All customers within a governmental aggregation will receive this notice with directions on how to opt-out. Do not discard the notice.
- If you miss the opt-out deadline. Once the switch is scheduled to take place, customers will receive a notice from the natural gas utility stating that they are scheduled to be switched over, as well as the name of the supplier to which they will be switched. This notification will give the customer seven days from the postmark on that notice to contact the local utility if the information is not correct, or they wish to opt-out of the aggregation.
If you wish to join the governmental aggregation, talk to your supplier. You will want to find out what the penalties will be for leaving that contract and determine if these are penalties you are willing to accept.
- Customers who are not interested in aggregating with their local municipality can sign-up with the PUCO's Do Not Aggregate list. Find out more at 800-686-PUCO.
For questions regarding the governmental aggregation or the procedures for opting-out of the aggregation pool, customers should contact their local government or the supplier that has been chosen to represent the community.