Charles Wise is the Mayor of Ashville. He became Mayor on January 1, 2001. He is approachable and manages the Village with a business-like approach. He encourages everyone to work together as a team and disseminates information to the residents on a regular basis. He is truly an advocate for the Village. "A leader is as good as the people he works with, and we have good people working here in Ashville. Residents continue to voice concerns that the neighborhood is changing, and the next several years are critical to the village's future. Funding is of primary importance." We must work diligently to maintain this "peaceful oasis," and it will take a lot of hard work and commitment to address the important issues looming before us.
Our challenges include...
- Sound fiscal policy
- Streets, Zoning, Utilities
- Administrative - Improve communication
- Enhance information to the residents via the Newsletter, periodic town meetings and an official Village website.
- Bring the staff together & coordinate efforts among all departments for a common goal.
- Neighborhood Services
- Trash pick-up, leaf pick-up, snow removal, street sweeping
- The EMS & Police face new challenges with increased urbanization on our borders. They need our continued and renewed support.
Access the Mayor's Column by Clicking this Icon: Mayor's Column