Updated September 3, 2015
Last part of project begins with railroad crossing gates have arrival.
Roadway opened at Scioto & West Station, Cromely & West Station, and Randolph & West Station.
Crossing remains closed at Griggs and West Station until gates are installed by Norfolk Southern. This process begins August 25,2015
Photo Gallery by Location.
Darby Creek (KMC) began work at West Station and Griggs on March 10, 2015. Click on the following for a photo gallery of the project:
If you wish more information about this project from the partners clicking on the logo to the right will take you to their website.
Minutes from February 6, 2015 Pre-construction Meeting Sign-in Sheet from Meeting
|The letter to the right was mailed to Ashville residents that live in the Griggs and West Station Street area. Click on the image to the right to view the pdf of that letter.||December 28, 2012|
|The Circleville Herald from time to time will publish an article concerning this project. When that occurs it will be added to the attached artilce that was published Decebmer 2013. Thanks Circleville Herald for keeping our residents informed.||December 22 & 23, 2012|
|Bid Books Picked-up|
|Sign-in Sheet for Bid Opening|
|Plans for Project|
|Accepted Bid with Request|
|Notice to Proceed|
The deadlines/requirements are listed below:
- By May 14, 2013, NS will submit to ORDC and the Commission's Railroad Division site plans and cost estimates for the project. Done
- By May 21, 2013, NS will file a letter in this docket advising that site plans and cost estimates have been submitted to the Commission. Done
- That, following approval of the site plans and cost estimates, NS will proceed with and complete the project on or before February 13, 2014.
- That NS notify Staff of any changes in the scope of work, cost overruns, materials, etc., which are not in the approved plans and estimates.
- NS will notify the Staff at least five working days before the date work is scheduled to begin at the project site so that arrangements can be made for inspections.
- By June 13, 2013, NS will file a notice that they have initiated with South Central Power Company the process to ensure that electric service will be available at the involved grade crossing.